Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Last week's update

Written a few days ago:



Apparently there is some sort of problem with my computer, the internet at large, or the blogger interface. I spent all weekend trying to log in, so that I might finally update this little ditty, but could not.
I went to a really awesome seed saving workshop at the library down in Marshall. There is a great community of local food producers and advocates for food security and local economies. I learned a ton, and met a lot of people (networking? woah). I really feel like this type of thing could happen almost anywhere, especially Santa Barbara, but it doesn't. Perhaps there isn’t that same base of knowledge ready to be passed on. I don't know that there are small farmers who have the time to go out and give these workshops. I also think that the super high cost of land in Santa Barbara/California in general is prohibitive when beginners are trying their hand at producing food. 
Also, I’ve decided that I’m going to take a practice LSAT later this week. If I get a decent score, I’m probably going to study my butt off and take the test December 1st, and apply to law school…. I know I’m kind of crazy, but I think I would really enjoy law school, and the world around me seems to need a few good strong people to work toward good.
For those of you who don’t know, I’ve been going to yoga since I got here. I’m planning a monthly potluck group with some of the people from the yoga studio. This first theme is going to be Indian food. I’m probably making daal and palak paneer. Hopefully people will actually come to this, as opposed to my friends in California (except Ryan and Matt who come to everything, thanks!).

No comments:

Post a Comment